Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Talent and Skill in God's Eyes

w
"And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and  to another one; to every many according to his several ability; and straightaway took his journey".Matthew 25:15

     I have been thinking a lot about talents and skills or abilities, lately. God-given gifts or talents are the things that you were born performing well.  For example, there are people that learn how to sing. There are people that possess the ability to sing from birth. I always believed that gifts or talents were first place in God's eyes.
For example, let's say that I had the talent of writing from birth. But, I learned to draw later on. I believed that the writing was the most important thing.

I asked one of the ministers at my church. His response was that any talent or skill that glorifies God is a gift from God. That lesson was by Minister Dn. That is deep! lol. Everyone has those gifts or God-given purposes that God has provided for you to share with the world. Those are priority. But, he can also use your skills or learned abilities to serve his divine purpose.

What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment